Region 1 – Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington and Yuma Counties
The Northeast Golden Plains Region (Region 1) is a rural agricultural area comprised of the six counties located in the northeastern corner of the state of Colorado: Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington and Yuma Counties. Economic development specialists in this region have worked diligently to move the region forward and have long-standing relationships and regional cooperation in economic development.
Northeast Colorado is dedicated to creating jobs, attracting new business, fostering a stable and diversified economy, and maintaining and improving the quality of life in the region.
The Northeast Golden Plains Region encourages economic growth that keeps our hometown and traditional values, preserves natural resources, and provides opportunities for families to choose to live in Northeast Colorado.
REGIONAL DATA & HIGHLIGHTS
Largest Companies by Employment
- Cargill Meat Solutions
- Sterling Regional Medical Center
- Viaero Wireless
- Leprino Foods
- Murphy Brown
Top 5 Key Industries by Employment
- Food & Agriculture
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Health & Wellness
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Transportation & Logistics
Top 5 Regional Assets
- I-76, I-80 Corridor – Heartland Expressway
- Two Class 1 Railroads (UP and BNSF)
- Energy and natural resource capability
- Friendly business climate and land available for development
- Two Community Colleges to serve local workforce training needs
Several school districts within the region have been awarded BEST grants to improve or build new schools.