Colorado Innovation Network Announces Speaker Lineup for 2nd Annual Innovation Summit
The Colorado Innovation Network (COIN) today announced the speaker lineup for the 2nd Annual Innovation Summit being held in Denver, CO on August 28-29. The Summit helps elevate the state's innovation climate, with two days of dialogue and networking focused on sharing innovative best practices and creating relationships that can propel Colorado forward.
Hosted by Gov. John Hickenlooper, COIN Summit speakers include local, national and global innovation leaders who will speak to the event theme of "Transcending Boundaries in the Global Innovation Economy." Speakers include national education leader Sal Khan, founder of The Khan Academy, a nonprofit organization that provides a free world-class education on a global scale, as well as local Colorado business executives Hikmet Ersek, President and CEO of Western Union, Greg Maffei, President and CEO of Liberty Media, and Kim Jordan, Co-Founder and CEO of New Belgium Brewing.
"The COIN Summit will give leaders from around the globe an opportunity for see Colorado as a hub of innovation and help them build strong networks to transform ideas into reality," said Gov. Hickenlooper. "Innovation does not happen in a silo, and opportunities such as this summit will help cultivate economic successes here and abroad."
Speakers and participants of the Summit will explore topics such as the future of higher education, the impact of culture on innovation, and the state of capital. In addition, BrandCO will unveil the new Colorado brand identity, and the Colorado "Glorious Failure: In Search of Success" Innovation Prize winner will be revealed. The winner, as chosen by the delegation, will receive an awards package valued at $75,000.
"As an organization headquartered in Colorado, it is a great honor to be the presenting sponsor of the second annual COIN Summit again this year," said Mike Long, Chairman, President and CEO of Arrow Electronics. "Supporting innovative organizations both large and small is crucial to building a thriving economy in Colorado."
COIN Summit Speakers:
- George "Skip" Battle, Former CEO and Executive Chairman, Ask Jeeves; Senior Fellow, Aspen Institute; Member of the Board of Directors for LinkedIn, Sungevity, OpenTable, Netflix, Expedia, Workday and FICO
- Matt Beal, SVP, Corporate Strategy/Product Development and CTO, CenturyLink
- Mitra Best, U.S. Innovation Leader, PwC
- David Butler, VP of Breakthrough Innovation, The Coca-Cola Company
- Jim Deters, Founder/CEO, Galvanize
- Wim Elfrink, Chief Globalisation Officer and EVP, Industry Solutions, Cisco
- Daniel Epstein, Founder and CEO, Unreasonable Group
- Hikmet Ersek, President and CEO, Western Union
- Ken Fugate, Founder, Square 1 Bank
- Mary Grove, Director, Global Entrepreneurship Outreach Google
- Dietmar Harhoff, Director, Munich-Max-Planck Campus for Legal and Economic Research
- William Holstein, Author, The Next American Economy: Blueprint for a Real Economy
- Kim Jordan, Co-Founder and CEO, New Belgium Brewing
- Sal Khan, Founder, The Khan Academy
- Aaron Kennedy, Chief Marketing Office, State of Colorado; Founder, Noodles & Company
- Ken Lund, Executive Director, Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade
- Greg Maffei, President and CEO, Liberty Media
- Tom McDonnell, CEO, Kauffman Foundation
- Ajay Menon, Chief Innovation Office, State of Colorado; Dean of the Business School, Colorado State University
- Scott McNealy, Chairman, Wayin; Co-Founder, Sun Microsystems
- Hiro Nishiguchi, Executive Vice President, Innovation Network Corporation of Japan
- Danae Ringelmann, Co-Founder, Indiegogo
- Pam Shockley-Zalabak, Chancellor, University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (UCCS)
- Julia Stiglitz, Business Development and Strategic Partnerships, Coursera
Additional speakers will be announced as the summit nears.
The summit delegation is made up of innovation leaders from around the state and country, representing business and industry, nonprofit, research labs, academia, government and entrepreneurs. In an effort to curate a diverse delegation, this is an invite-only event. Delegate nominations are currently being accepted on the COIN Summit website.
Presenting Sponsor: Arrow Electronics
COIN Founding Sponsors: Colorado State University, Otterbox and PwC
Gold Sponsor: GE
Silver Sponsors: The Coca-Cola Company, Google, IHS, Savvis-CenturyLink, Liberty Media, tw telecom, TeleTech and Western Union, along with additional event partners PostModern, Quickmobile and Zenman.
COIN was launched by Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper with the mission to make Colorado the most innovative state in the nation and is a public-private partnership housed in the Colorado Office of Economic Development. COIN acts as a convener for leaders in our innovation ecosystem. To learn more about COIN and the Summit, visit www.coloradoinnovationnetwork.com.