The Colorado Innovation Network (COIN) today announced the speaker lineup for the 3rd annual Innovation Summit, which will be held in Denver, CO on August 26-27 as part of Colorado Innovation Week. The Summit helps elevate the state's innovation climate, with two days of dialogue and networking focused on sharing innovative best practices and creating relationships that can propel Colorado forward.
Hosted by Governor John W. Hickenlooper as part of Colorado Innovation Week, the COIN Summit speakers include local, national and global innovation leaders who will speak to the event theme of "Redefining Connections". Keynote speakers include General Electric Chairman and CEO Jeff Immelt, Oracle President and CFO Safra Catz and Code for America Founder and United States Deputy Chief Technology Officer Jennifer Pahlka.
"We are thrilled and grateful to have such brilliant minds and fantastic energy coming to Colorado," said Gov. Hickenlooper. "When we created the COIN Summit, our primary goal was to bring together innovative leaders from around the globe, here in Colorado, to build relationships, to spark ideas and to help foster a forward-thinking business environment in this state that will endure far beyond the two day event; every one of these speakers is a dynamo."
Speakers and participants of the Summit will explore topics such as Internet of Things: Applications That Will Change the World; The Neuroscience of Creativity; Disrupting Ownership: The New Collaborative Economy; Is There a Growing Innovation Deficit?; The Impact of Innovation Hubs; and The Intersection of Music and Technology.
Additionally, the Summit will feature global speakers such as Uri Adoni, Partner at Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP) Media Labs, Mark Gazit, CEO of ThetaRay from Israel, and Founder of Start-Up Chile Nicolas Shae, as well as prominent local leadership including the State's Chief Innovation Officer Mark Sirangelo, IHS Executive Chairman Jerre Stead and Liberty Media President and CEO Greg Maffei.
"The innovation ecosystem in Colorado was one of many attractions that brought Charles Schwab to Colorado," said Brian McDonald, SVP and senior site leader in Denver. "Our ability to actively support this ecosystem by being a presenting sponsor is a great way to engage with local and national thought leaders and support the Colorado Innovation Network."
COIN Summit Speakers:
* John W. Hickenlooper, Governor, Colorado
* Safra Catz, President and CFO, Oracle
* Jeff Immelt, Chairman and CEO, General Electric Company
* Uri Adoni, Partner, Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP) Media Labs, Israel
* Kenneth Arkind, Author; Executive Director, Minor Disturbance
* Dean L. Bartles, Ph. D., Executive Director, Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute, UI Labs
* Mitra Best, US Innovation Leader, PwC
* Robert Bilder, Director, Tennenbaum Center for the Biology of Creativity, and Chief of Medical Psychology-Neuropsychology, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Semel Institute
* Colonel Ronald J. Garan Jr., NASA Space Station and Shuttle Astronaut, Aquanaut, Test and Fighter Pilot, Social Entrepreneur
* Eric Garland, General Manager, Live Nation Digital, Live Nation Entertainment
* Mark Gazit, CEO, ThetaRay, Israel
* Andy Gill, EVP Investor Services, Charles Schwab
* Bobby Lefebre, Word Architect and Performing Artist
* Donna Lynne, Executive Vice President, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and Health Plan, Inc.; Group President, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Northwest and Georgia; President, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado
* Lia Kislev, Founder, Wishi, Israel
* Greg Maffei, President and CEO, Liberty Media
* Meredith O'Connor, International Director, Jones Lang LaSalle; Former Director, World Business Chicago
* Jeremiah Owyang, Chief Catalyst, Crowd Companies
* Jennifer Pahlka, Founder, Code for America; United States Deputy Chief Technology Officer
* Michael Park, Partner, McKinsey & Company
* Chris Rezendes, Founder and President, Inex Advisors
* Andrew Rosenthal, Sr. Product Engineer for Wellness, Jawbone
* Nicolas Shae, Founder, Start-up Chile
* Mark Sirangelo, Chief Innovation Officer; Corporate Vice President, Sierra Nevada Space Systems
* Geoff Smart, Ph. D., Chairman, ghSmart; Author The Who: The A Method for Hiring
* Jerre Stead, Executive Chairman, IHS, Inc.
* Gary Swart, former CEO, oDesk
* Howard Tullman, CEO, 1871
* Ruth Vitale, Executive Director, CreativeFuture
* Phil Weiser, Dean of the Law School, University of Colorado Boulder; Executive Director and Founder, Silicon Flatirons Center for Law, Technology, and Entrepreneurship, University of Colorado
Additional speakers will be announced as the summit nears.
The summit delegation is made up of innovation leaders from around the state and country, representing business and industry, nonprofit, research labs, academia, government and entrepreneurs. In an effort to curate a diverse delegation, this is an invite-only event. Delegate nominations are currently being accepted on the COIN Summit website www.coloradoinnovationnetwork.com.
Sponsors of the COIN Summit - Presenting Sponsor: Charles Schwab. Platinum Sponsor: Comcast. Gold Sponsors: General Electric Company, IHS, Inc., Liberty Media, PwC, Western Union and WhiteWave Foods. Silver Sponsors: CenturyLink, The Coca-Cola Company, Colorado Impact Fund, Colorado State University, DigitalGlobe, Google and tw telecom. Patron Scholar Sponsors: Bryan Cave, LLC; Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation; and Pinnacol Assurance. Additional event partners include PostModern and Zenman.
COIN was launched by Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper with the mission to make Colorado the most innovative state in the nation, and is a public-private partnership housed in the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade. COIN acts as a convener for leaders in our innovation ecosystem. To learn more about the Colorado Innovation Network visit www.coloradoinnovationnetwork.com.