Communities in Colorado are consistently ranked among the top places to live in the U.S. From our majestic mountains and wide-open plains to our bustling cities and invigorating climate, Colorado is the perfect place to call home.Colorado is ranked the fourth happiest state in the nation (WalletHub, 2015)
Weather doesn’t get much better than in Colorado. With more than 300 sunny days a year, it is not uncommon for residents to ski in the morning and play a round of golf in the afternoon – almost any time of year!
Colorado’s climate is invigorating, with drastic elevation changes making for snowy winters in the mountains and dry conditions in lower elevations. Our low-humidity summers with warm days and comfortable nights make Colorado a pleasant place to call home; and if it does get a bit too warm, you can head up to the mountains where it is nearly always cool.
Arts & Culture
Colorado has abundant artistic and cultural resources with broad public and private support. The state is a national leader in funding for the arts, which are greatly supported by the private and nonprofit sectors. Top-notch museums like the Denver Art Museum, Clyfford Still Museum, Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center and the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver give the state plenty of visual-arts cred. The sprawling Denver Performing Arts Complex is the second-largest arts campus of its kind in the nation, and it’s home to the Colorado Symphony Orchestra, Opera Colorado, Denver Center Theater Company and the Colorado Ballet — the region’s largest and most impressive resident performing arts organizations.
Creative Industries & Office of Film, Television & Media
Colorado Creative Industries and the Colorado Office of Film, Television & Media are divisions of OEDIT. They help Colorado’s “Creative Economy” thrive by supporting and expanding the creative industries to drive Colorado’s economy, grow jobs and enhance our quality of life, as well as provide incentives for productions to be made in the state.
Health & Wellness
When evaluating a potential location for you and your employees, it’s important to not only look at the quality of life, school system, transportation system and recreational opportunities a state provides but to also look at a state’s overall healthfulness.
Colorado offers a very healthy environment, leading to an increase in the overall health and wellness of residents. Coloradans are always ranked among the highest in several health rankings because of their overall healthful habits:
- Colorado residents have the 6th highest well-being in the nation (Gallup, 2014)
- Colorado's working-age adults are healthier than their counterparts in most other states (Colorado Health Report Card)
- The state has the second-lowest prevalence of hypertension and the third-lowest prevalence of diabetes
- Colorado's adults are more likely than adults in all but four other states to exercise
- Colorado has the lowest rate of adult obesity in the country (Trust for America's Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, 2014)
Colorado’s climate and the splendor of both the mountains and the wide-open plains give the state’s recreational character an extraordinary sense of diversity.
- Ten national parks provide an incredible variety of outdoor recreational opportunities and receive almost 5.5 million annual visitors.
- Colorado’s 42 state parks and numerous outdoor recreation areas provide opportunities for boating, hiking, camping, swimming, snowmobiling, bird watching, picnicking, fishing, hunting and biking.
- Colorado is the country’s most popular ski destination, with 26 world class ski resorts.
- Colorado boasts more than 35 winter recreation areas that offer snowshoeing, snowmobiling, snowcat tours, sleigh rides, ice skating, cross country skiing, downhill skiing, snowboarding, and more.
Professional Sports Teams
Seven professional sports teams provide great year-round entertainment: Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Colorado Mammoth - Lacrosse (NLL), Colorado Rapids (MLS), Colorado Rockies (MLB), Denver Broncos (NFL), Denver Nuggets (NBA), Denver Outlaws - Lacrosse (MLL)
Colorado is packed full of things to do year-round. From family attractions, national parks and outdoor adventure to cosmopolitan cities and welcoming towns, Colorado is a perfect destination. Visit the Colorado Tourism Office (a division of OEDIT) to plan your trip and learn about tourism opportunities in Colorado.
One of the major initiatives of the Colorado Tourism Office (CTO) is to raise awareness of and appreciation for Colorado’s heritage tourism assets. By partnering with the Colorado Department of Agriculture, the CTO has initiated an agritourism program that will showcase Colorado’s agriculture roots and current opportunities for visitors to experience agriculture in the state.