We have assembled a network of international consultants that connects Colorado companies to global opportunities. Colorado companies have access to international consultants in major markets that provide valuable in-country market research.
These consultants can assist Colorado companies to:
- Understand the opportunity for a product or service in their international market
- Navigate the local regulatory and business environment
- Identify potential in-market partners
- Set meetings with potential partners and attend meetings upon request
Global Consultant Locations
|Americas||Europe and Middle East||Asia-Pacific|
- Company must employ less than 200 employees globally
- Company must be new to export or expanding to a new export market
- Company must have its headquarters located in Colorado or have at least 50% of its employees based in Colorado
- Company should already have a commercialized product or service that is to be exported
- Company must have at least two years of domestic sales experience
- Company must show a profit during the last fiscal year
- Company must be registered and in “Good Standing” with the Colorado Secretary of State
- Company must be export ready. Export readiness is evaluated by OEDIT based on the company’s ability to meet new customer demand, provide any necessary customer service to foreign buyers and meet any applicable export regulations and/or certifications that may be required to sell the product or service in the target market.
- Company must apply directly to the program. No third party consultants, agents, or representatives may apply on behalf of a client company or their own consultant firm
- A participant is defined as a company, not an individual employee of a company
Services Provided by Consultant Network
1. Market Entry Services Provided - Cost to company: $500
- Identify and utilize local resources for market research, including periodicals, trade shows, associations and advertising opportunities.
- Identify any likely tariffs and duties that may apply and calculate the landed costs of company product.
- Provide information on relevant local legislation and regulations.
- Development of Market Entry Strategy: An analysis of a company’s best options for entering the market. An analysis of how to establish the company in the market, including information on packaging requirements; standard mark-up/commission for distributors or representatives; payment terms; stocking quantities; warehousing options and/or FTZ; incoterms; delivery times; and transportation management.
- Competition Analysis: An analysis of up to 5 of the company’s top competitors in the target market, including analysis of pricing information and current industry trends.
- Market Trends: A summary of the current trends in the target market, specific to company’s industry, such as new technologies, regulations, import fees, etc.
- Consulting Services: Identify in-country service providers including lawyers, accountants, realators etc. (if needed).
- Identify potential partners: Provide a list of vetted private and/or public sector contacts that are potential partners for the company in the target market, including distributors, sales representatives, agents, customers, joint venture partners and/or government officials.
- Interview and screen the list of potential partners to gauge their interest in partnering with the company.
2. In-Country Partner Meetings - Cost to company: $500
- Logistical Services: Set appointment with contacts that company has already identified in the target market and arrange transportation, lodging and interpretation.
- Company Visit: Identify a list of prospects for review and set up three (3) days of meetings for company with prospective partners. Additional days of meetings may be arranged for an extra fee, which the company will be responsible for.
- Trade Show Support: Provide assistance with walking the show, setting up and working at company booth in target market.
3. Additional Services - Cost to Company: Negotiated directly with consultant
- Upon request, consultants will consider working directly on behalf of specified Colorado companies
- In-country promotion or symposium: Identify and invite prospective local patterns or customers to a symposium, during with the company can promote and demonstrate their product and/or service.
- Legal, accounting, business development, etc. services
*Use of this service does not guarantee export sales
**Fees must be received for services to commence
To apply to the Global Consultant Network, please contact one of the following International Division representatives:
Dan Lane-International Business Manager, Asia-Pacific
303-892-3846 or email@example.com
Europe, Middle East, Africa and Americas Region
Stephanie Dybsky - Senior International Business Manager, EMEA
303-892-8762 or firstname.lastname@example.org