Advanced Industries Export Accelerator Program
Advanced Industries are prime drivers of the U.S. and Colorado economy, comprised of engineering and R&D intensive companies that deliver products and services in industries ranging from aerospace to medical devices. Colorado's advanced industries include: Aerospace, Advanced Manufacturing, Bioscience, Electronics, Energy, Infrastructure Engineering, and Technology and Information. The economic impact of these industries account for nearly 30 percent of Colorado's wage earnings, nearly 30 percent of the total sales revenues across all industries within the state and nearly 35 percent of the state's total exports.
As part of its Advanced Industries statewide strategy, the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade offers the Advanced Industries Export Accelerator Program to connect Colorado companies to global opportunities. This program has three elements for companies in the advanced industries:
- Provides stipends to businesses that are new to exporting or expanding into new export markets
- Grant size limited to $15,000
- Matching funds shall be $1 (state) to $1 (participant) for specific export-related needs
- Encourage innovative use of funds to meet the specific export needs of Colorado businesses in the advanced industries
- Eligible events/activities include obtaining international certifications, attending international trade shows, designing and producing international market marketing materials, and following export compliance regulations
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until funding expires. For more information, please visit our Advanced Industries Export Grant site or contact the International Division’s Export Grants Manager, Jorge Diaz at 303-892-3858 or Jorge.firstname.lastname@example.org.
OEDIT assembled a network of international consultants that will connect the advanced industries to global opportunities. Colorado companies have access to international consultants in major markets that provide valuable in-country market research specific to the advanced industries. Consultants can help Colorado companies learn how to:
- Gain local knowledge fast
- Realize competitive advantages
- Understand country regulations
- Open new doors to export success
Global locations of consultants include: Brazil, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Scandinavia, UK, China and Japan.
OEDIT and the World Trade Center-Denver will provide export training and acceleration program for businesses to learn the fundamentals of exporting and international marketing specific to the advanced industries. For more information, please visit our Export Taining Program site or contact Sandi Moilanen at 303-892-3857 or email@example.com.