Enhanced Rural EZ
The Enhanced Rural Enterprise Zone (EREZ) program provides greater financial incentives to businesses to promote and encourage new job creation in designated economically depressed rural Enterprise Zone counties.
EREZ County Criteria 2013-2014
EREZ’s are counties in an Enterprise Zone that meet two of the following five criteria:
- County unemployment rate greater than 50% above state average.
- County per capita income less than 75% of state average.
- County population growth rate less than 25% of state average.
- Total non-residential assessed value ranks in lower half of all counties.
- County population less than 5,000.
EREZ Eligible Counties 2013-2014
EREZ Map of Eligible Counties 2013-2014 (view/download PDF)
If a business is located in an EREZ, it may qualify for the following tax credits:
|TAX CREDIT||CREDIT AMOUNT||FORM||FYI|
|NBF Jobs Credit in an EREZ*||$2,500 total per new job**||Online||FYI Income 10|
|NBF Ag. Processing Credit in an EREZ*||$3,500 total per new job***||Online||FYI Income 10|
* NBF credits require New Business Facility status as defined by the Colorado Department of Revenue.
** $500 job credit + $2,000 EREZ credit = $2,500 EREZ Job Credit.
*** $500 job credit + $2,000 EREZ credit + $500 ag. Processing credit + $500 ag. Processing EREZ credit = $3,500 Ag.
For more information, please see the following links: