Colorado offers many incentives for entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes.
- Job Growth Incentive Tax Credit (JGITC)
A state income tax credit for businesses undertaking job creation projects that would not occur in Colorado without this program.
- JGITC - Higher Education Partnership (HEP)
A state income tax credit for businesses partnering with State Higher Education Institutions to support job growth, academic development, and economic expansion.
- Strategic Fund Incentive
Supports and encourages new business development, expansions and relocations that have generated new jobs throughout the state.
- Enterprise Zone Tax Credits
Provides tax incentives to encourage businesses to locate and expand in designated economically distressed areas.
- Local Government Incentives
Local governments can provide property tax credits or incentive payments based on the amount of increased property taxes for qualifying new business activity.
- Rural Jump-Start Program
New Businesses and New Hires that locate in a Rural Jump-Start zone receive tax relief for up to eight years.
- Job Training Grant Programs
Business-friendly tools that assist in retaining jobs.
- Public Infrastructure Grants
Grants that create new jobs and retain existing jobs, primarily for low‐ and moderate‐income persons.
- Biotechnology Sales and Use Tax Refund
A means to recover the sales and use previously-paid tax expenses on equipment and supplies used for biotech research and development.
- Manufacturing Sales and Use Tax Exemption
An exemption from state sales and use tax on purchases of manufacturing machinery, machine tools and parts.
- Sales Tax Exemption on Components for Production of Energy from Renewable Energy Sources
Components used in the production of electricity from a renewable energy source are exempt from state sales and use tax.
- Advanced Industry Investment Tax Credit
Helps Colorado advanced industry companies receive capital from Colorado investors.
- Aviation Development Zone Tax Credit
A business locatedin an Aviation Development Zone may qualify for a state income tax credit.
Other Incentive Programs
- Colorado Tourism Matching Grant Program
Provides assistance to the tourism industry for marketing efforts.
- Film Incentive Program
A 20% performance-based rebate.
- Rural Economic Development Initiative (REDI) Grant Program
Helps eligible rural communities develop plans and undertake projects to create jobs, drive capital investment, and increase wages.
- Colorado Creative Industries Grants and Programs
Numerous grants available for the Creative Industry